CASWE Achievement Award
The CASWE Achievement Award is offered annually to a Canadian woman or group of women who has/have made an outstanding contribution to women and education. It acknowledges contributions in teaching, scholarship, and/or sustained service to community and society.
The award will consist of an announcement made at the annual AGM of CSSE; a news item for home university PR Office, if relevant, and other coverage as possible; a letter of acknowledgement and congratulations to the relevant home institution; and a certificate of recognition.
The recipient(s) will be an active scholar/practitioner who accepts and supports nomination by a peer. They may be nominated in recognition of one or more of the following outstanding contributions to women and education in Canada: (a) original research/practice; (b) innovative feminist teaching; (c) sustained service; (d) other creative work; or (e) a combination of these.
In the fall, CASWE will send out a call for nominations for the award. Notice will be included in the following sites:
- CASWE minutes and CSSE News
- CASWE and CSSE websites
- other publications directed toward issues for women and education
The following documents are to be submitted:
- a letter of support from nominator, referring to above criteria
- nominee’s biographical package that could include a curriculum vitae and/or other selected materials to support the nomination, such as: personal narrative, video, CD, poetry, etc…
- at least two supporting letters relevant to the nomination; one letter should be from a CASWE member